"Amani Dorozome" Loopwheel Pullover Hoodie in Rust
- Brand Info
- The "Amani Dorozome" collection from Studio D'artisan is a limited assortment of garments that have been dyed on the island of Amami Ōshima using the traditional Japanese technique of dorozome, also known as mud-dye. This artisanal technique combines vegetable juice with mud to create an earth tone unique to each garment. The Amami region is prized for its soil rich with iron, allowing for more varied shades of dye and better longevity. This pullover hoodie is knit using a durable Japanese loopwheel cotton designed to retain its shape after years of wear. The hoodie combines sportswear style detailing with contemporary modifications to create a garment as impressive as its story.
- Slim fit
- Dyed on the island of Amami Ōshima using traditional dorozome mud-dye techniques
- Heavyweight loopwheel cotton yarn
- V-stitch sweat guard detailing at collar
- Ribbed cuffs and hem
- 100% cotton
- Made in Japan
- Style code: 9892
Please note: due to the nature of this dye, each garment may differ slightly in color from the photos on this page, and/or contain trace amounts of mineral excess in the pockets.
- Model is 5'10" and 175lbs wearing a size Large.
Size Chest Shoulder Sleeve Length Medium 40" 18" 24.75" 25" Large 42" 19" 26" 26" X-Large 43" 20" 26" 28"
For details about how we measure our garments visit the measuring guide.
- The first of the legendary "Osaka 5,” Studio D’artisan is one of the pioneers of Japan's vintage denim craze. With more than 30 years in the business, Studio D’artisan has gained a worldwide following for their details and construction, as well as their lighthearted take on classic garments. While the brand is humorous at heart, each garment from Studio D’artisan is made with the utmost quality and attention to detail.
This item is FINAL SALE. No returns or exchanges accepted.