"Going to Battle" 16oz US Navy Selvedge Denim Jacket
- Brand Information
- The 03-087 jacket from Momotaro is a modified US Navy style jacket crafted using the brand's 16oz slub selvedge denim. Pre-soaked off the coast of Okayama for a softer feel, the jacket's design features a shawl collar with 3 functional exterior patch pockets. Iconic "Going to Battle" stripes and signature pink selvedge detailing serve as nods to the original Momotaro folktale.
- Slim fit modified US Navy design
- 16oz one-wash slub selvedge denim fabric
- "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor, strength, and the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story
- Pink selvedge, representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story, along inside of placket
- Single chest pocket
- Two patch pockets at waist
- Custom branded deer skin leather patch
- Custom engraved iron buttons
- 100% cotton
- Made in Japan
Size Chest Shoulder Sleeve Length 36 38" 16" 24.5" 27.25" 38 40" 16.5" 24.75" 28" 40 42" 17" 25" 28.75" 42 43" 18" 25.5" 29.5" 44 45" 18" 26" 30"
- Momotaro is the main denim manufacturing sub-division of the Japan Blue Group, which was born in Japan’s denim mecca of Kojima. As part of the Japan Blue Group, Momotaro has full control over the process behind their products, from conception to production, giving the brand an unparalleled amount of creative freedom. The name Momotaro is born from a famous Japanese folktale, in which a boy born from a giant peach grows up to save his village from marauding demons. The pink selvedge and inseam are an homage to the peach in this story, and the signature battle stripes represent the war flag the boy carried into battle. Thanks to their careful attention to detail, Momotaro has become one of the most celebrated denim brands in the world.
This item is FINAL SALE. No returns or exchanges accepted.