SJ091D "Going to Battle" 8oz Selvege Denim Shirt
- Brand Info
- This super durable 8oz selvedge denim work shirt from Momotaro features a slim cut, chainstitch runoff, two front chest pockets, and the iconic "Going to Battle" stripes on the left sleeve. The shirt is made entirely from Zimbabwe cotton, and has been washed once for comfort.
- 8oz Japanese selvedge denim fabric with one wash
- Triple needle chain stitch construction with runoff at the side vents
- Pima cotton liner on the inside of the cuffs and front placket
- Pink selvedge vent detail
- Painted "Going to Battle" stripes on the left arm, representing the folktale hero Momotaro's flag as he rode to battle against demons
- Two front, flap-closure pockets with button, one with sewn pen slot
- Slim, long, modern fit
- 100% Zimbabwe cotton
- Made in Japan
Size Chest Shoulder Sleeve Length 36 37" 16.25" 24.5" 27.5" 38 39" 17" 25" 28.5" 40 41" 18" 25.5" 29.5" 42 43" 18.5" 25.75" 30.25" 44 45" 19.5" 26" 31"
For details about how we measure our garments visit the measuring guide.
- Momotaro is the main denim manufacturing sub-division of the Japan Blue Group, which was born in Japan’s denim mecca, Kojima. As part of the Japan Blue Group, Momotaro has full control over the process behind their products, from conception to production, giving the brand an unparalleled amount of creative freedom. The name Momotaro is born from a famous Japanese folktale, in which a boy born from a giant peach grows up to save his village from marauding demons. The pink selvedge and inseam are an homage to the peach in this story, and the signature battle stripes represent the war flag the boy carried into battle. Thanks to their careful attention to detail, Momotaro has become one of the most reputable denim brands in the world.