MS033B 5oz Selvedge Chambray in Red Oxide
- Brand Info
- This version of Momotaro's signature 5oz selvedge chambray shirt has been dyed using genuine iron oxide as pigment, which is then baked in the sun to strengthen the color of the dye. Iron oxide has long been used in Japanese ceramics and architecture, and is beloved for its rich color and durability. The result is a beautiful rust red color that pairs exceptionally well with indigo. The shirt is finished with selvedge detailing, and two front chest pockets for storage.
- 5oz Japanese selvedge denim fabric with one wash
- Dyed using iron oxide and baked in sun to strengthen color of dye
- Slim, modern fit
- Triple needle chain stitch construction
- Two front, flap-closure pockets
- Custom dyed large buttons
- 100% cotton
- Made in Japan
Note: this item is FINAL SALE. No returns or exchanges accepted.
Size Chest Shoulder Sleeve Length 36 37" 16.25" 24" 26" 38 39.5" 17.5" 24.25" 27.5" 40 41" 18" 25" 28.5" 42 41.5" 18.5" 25.5" 29" 44 42" 19.25" 26" 30.5"
For details about how we measure our garments visit the measuring guide.
- Momotaro is the main denim manufacturing sub-division of the Japan Blue Group, which was born in Japan’s denim mecca, Kojima. As part of the Japan Blue Group, Momotaro has full control over the process behind their products, from conception to production, giving the brand an unparalleled amount of creative freedom. The name Momotaro is born from a famous Japanese folktale, in which a boy born from a giant peach grows up to save his village from marauding demons. The pink selvedge and inseam are an homage to the peach in this story, and the signature battle stripes represent the war flag the boy carried into battle. Thanks to their careful attention to detail, Momotaro has become one of the most reputable denim brands in the world.