"Samurai Cotton Project" Long Sleeve T-Shirt in Kuromame
- Brand Info
- Grown, harvested, and woven in Japan, this special edition shirt was originally conceptualized as a passion-project by Samurai Jeans founder Toru Nogami to produce a completely made in Japan denim from seed to stitch. Fittingly named the "Samurai Cotton Project," this project has created a new line of 100% Japan-made garments. Cherished for their beautiful fabrics and detail-oriented construction, this t-shirt is no different. Woven using natural slubby cotton, the shirt is finished on a 1960's vintage Union Special for an authentic vintage feel. This iteration receives it's dark color through a black bean 'kuromame' dye, giving the shirt a deep color that will transform overtime.
- Regular fit (Japanese Style)
- Heavy slub cotton fabric
- Black bean 'kuromame' dye
- Vintage flat-felled seams
- Triple-needle stitched collar
- Tonal stitching
- 100% cotton
- Origin of cotton: Sasayama, Hyogo, Japan
- Knitting: Wakayama, Japan
- Sewing: Kyoto, Japan
Size Chest Shoulder Sleeve Length Medium 40" 17.5" 24" 26.5" Large 42" 18.25"
25" 27.5" X-Large 43" 19.5" 26" 28.5" XX-Large 45" 20" 26.5" 29.5"
For details about how we measure our garments visit the measuring guide.
- Founded in 1997, Samurai of Osaka is among the most notable denim labels in the world. Inspired by the famous duel of 1612, Samurai channels the legend of warriors Sasaki Kojiro and Miyamoto Musashi to create warriors of their own through highly durable denim and intricate details.