"Dark Horse" Service Boot 2040 Commando in Comipel Nero Horsehide
- Brand Info
- Made exclusively for Blue Owl, the collaborative Dark Horse boot takes inspiration from vintage work boots of Viberg's 93-year archive. This model pays homage to the brand's original Service Boot, introduced during the Great Depression to meet the demands of Canadian farmers for an exceptionally durable and long-lasting boot that could be "bought once and last forever." The boot showcases a sleek black horsehide leather sourced from the renowned Comipel Tannery of Italy, which is paired with a World War II-style Commando sole on Viberg's rugged 2040 last. Built using Viberg's signature stitchdown construction in the brand's longstanding Victoria, BC boot factory.
- 2040 Last
- Black horsehide tannage from Comipel of Italy
- World War II style Commando rubber soles
- 5 gunmetal eyelets and 4 speed hooks
- Antique finish midsole
- Stitchdown construction, fully recraftable
- Made in Canada
- The 2040 last is Viberg's military boot shape, constructed with a low profile silhouette, slight toe bump, and standard E width that fits most feet. Viberg boots run large. Recommend to take one size smaller than your Brannock size. Please email us at email@example.com for an individual recommendation.
- Founded in 1931 by Edwin Viberg on the ethos of “made stronger to last longer”, Viberg’s commitment to quality throughout the decades has cemented their position as one of the best boot-makers in the world. Family owned and operated for 3 generations, today Brett Viberg continues to innovate what is possible to produce in a small workshop, while upholding the time-honored hand-made tradition his grandfather begun.