Order and Returns
QUESTIONS AND SIZING
At Blue Owl, we strive to provide quality service to our customers. If you have any questions about our products, feel free to email [email protected]. We're happy to answer your questions, and we routinely provide additional pictures or details or take specific measurements at our customers' request.
- All prices and associated fees are charged in US dollars.
- We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, JCB, Discover, and PayPal.
- If you would like to use another form of payment, please e-mail [email protected], and we may, under certain circumstances that in our discretionary judgment warrant a special arrangement, accommodate your need case-by-case, as appropriate.
- Please note that upon placing an order, you will receive an automatic email confirming the order. However, this receipt does not constitute a contract, and Blue Owl reserves the right to cancel any order for reasons, including but not limited to inability to authorize a credit card, insufficient stock, or suspicion of fraud. Upon cancellation of any order, we will make effort to contact and notify the customer of the cancellation, as appropriate.
- Occasionally, we may require additional information to verify your identity. In this case we will contact you by email or by telephone.
The merchandise provided by Blue Owl is subject to change. While we make our best effort to keep item availability on the website up to date, certain pieces or sizes that appear on the website may be out of stock. In the case an order is placed and we are out of stock, we will contact you about the unavailability shortly after the order is placed, and work out an alternative solution or refund the payment.
Blue Owl will ship nearly anywhere. Here are shipping costs depending upon where you are located. We currently use USPS Priority and provide tracking numbers for all shipments.
|United States||About 2-7 Business Days|
|Orders under $100||$10|
|Orders at or above $100||Free|
|Canada||About 7-14 Business Days|
|Orders under $200||$20|
|Orders at or above $200||Free|
|International||About 10-21 Business Days|
|Orders under $300||$30|
|Orders at or above $300||Free|
|Express Shipping||Via USPS or DHL|
|Domestic||Add $25 to base rate|
|International||Add $40 to base rate|
The shipping time listed is an estimate based on our prior experience, however, customs and other factors such as weather or holidays may delay the arrival. We provide tracking for all of our packages through USPS Priority, but we do not guarantee that the tracking number will work to the final destination. For international packages, once the package leaves the United States, it is up to the arrival country's mail service to continue tracking the package. Tracking numbers are to be used as a general guide to anticipate delivery date, but occasionally the tracking numbers will not update, which this may or may not necessarily indicate a problem with the package. If you feel there is concern with your delivery, please e-mail us so we can research and be aware of any potential issue. If you are interested in other shipping methods (such as UPS, FedEx, etc.), please e-mail [email protected], and we may make proper arrangements subject to additional charges, if applicable.
TAXES AND DUTIES
Prices displayed on our website do not reflect taxes or duties.USA
Sales tax will be charged only on orders shipped to Washington State.International
The receiver of the package outside of the United States may be subject to taxes, customs and import duties by the destination government.
Blue Owl offers chain stitching services with the use of a Union Special machine - second generation model Union Special 43200G. When possible, we use the same thread used by the manufacturer. Otherwise, we try to best match the thread color. The hemming service is free for all denim purchased at Blue Owl, as long as we hem your new denim within 30 calendar days of the time of purchase. If you can visit our Seattle location, please e-mail at [email protected] to arrange a time for hemming. For those outside of the Seattle area, please both email us and send back your denim for hemming, but you will be responsible for shipping costs both ways. For any pair of denim purchased elsewhere (not from Blue Owl), the hemming cost is $25 per denim plus associated shipping and sales tax. Expected turn-around is 2-5 days excluding shipping.
PLEASE NOTE: Once a denim has been hemmed, it is not subject to return or exchange.
BLUE OWL WORKSHOP (BOW) POINTS
Blue Owl offers a rewards system called BOW Points. You will receive, for purchase at or above $100 made online and in-store, BOW points towards future purchases. Customers are rewarded with 10 BOW points ($10) for each $100 of product purchased per order. BOW points are earned per order by an increment of $10 per a $100 purchase. For example, for a purchase of $199, the customer will earn 10 BOW points or $10 to be used on the customer's future purchase. If the same customer on a later occasion, makes a second purchase of $101, then, the costumer will earn 10 more BOW points, with the customer's total BOW balance resulting in 20 BOW points ($20 to be used on the customer's future purchase). As you see in this example, although the total dollar amount purchased by the two orders is $300, BOW points are earned and recorded per order, and only 20 BOW points are earned based on the dollar amount on each order, not the cumulative dollar amount purchased. BOW points have no expiration date. BOW points continue to accumulate on each purchase until the customer chooses to apply their points for a discount. BOW points cannot be redeemed for cash and have no monetary value; BOW points are intended to provide a on a future purchase as a reward for our repeat customers.
To use your BOW points, or inquire on your current balance, please send an email to [email protected] before making your purchase. BOW points may be used on any purchase on products of regular value. BOW points cannot be applied to sales items or used in combination with any other discount or promotion. Service charges such as shipping, hemming, and taxes are also excluded from this reward program. You do not earn any BOW points on a purchase, for which you use any BOW points. The BOW point system is tracked separately from the online store, and cannot be automatically applied.
Returns are accepted for store credit or exchange only on merchandise received within 21 days of when the items were shipped to the recipient, provided that the items must have their original tags attached and must be free from wear, wash, damage, odor, stain, or any other condition that would prevent them from being sold as new.
Blue Owl does not offer refunds under any circumstance.
Items sold for a discount of 30% off or more from the original price are not subject to return. Items which are ordered by a special request, including pre-orders and orders of items not regularly carried by Blue Owl, are not subject to return.
Underwear, socks, swimwear, and any type of undergarment are final sale and not subject to return. Denims that have been hemmed, soaked, or altered in any way, even if done through Blue Owl, are not subject to return.
Boots and shoes shipped internationally are not subject to return or exchange.
PLEASE NOTE: Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable.
MAKING A RETURN/EXCHANGE:
- Obtain Return Authorization: To return any item, you must contact Blue Owl for return authorization by email at [email protected] within five business days of receiving your shipment. For return authorization, you must state whether you wish to exchange or return for store credit. We normally reply to your return request for return authorization by e-mail within two business days.
- Ship Authorized Returns: After you receive our return authorization, you must return the package postmarked no later than five business days of our return authorization, unless Blue Owl otherwise permits in writing in its sole discretion. Customer is responsible for all return shipping costs as well as items lost or damaged. We recommend that you insure your package and use a shipper such as USPS Priority Mail, UPS, or FedEX that allows you to track your package. Blue Owl will not accept a return shipped COD.
- Return Shipping Address: Blue Owl Workshop, 707A N. 35th Street, Seattle, WA 98103.