03-051 "Going to Battle" 12oz Selvedge Denim Jacket
- Brand Information
- The 03-051 from Momotaro is sewn using the brand's original 12oz selvedge denim fabric in a modified Type-2 denim jacket design. Made from Zimbabwe cotton, the jacket was washed once off the coast of Okayama for a softer feel. Featuring iconic "Going to Battle" stripes and the brand's signature pink selvedge along the inner placket, both of which serve as homages to the original Momotaro folktale.
- Slim fit modified Type-2 design
- 12oz one-wash original selvedge denim fabric
- "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor, strength, and the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story
- Pink selvedge, representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story, along inside of placket
- Two flap-closure pockets at chest
- Two hand pockets at waist
- Custom branded deer skin leather patch
- Custom engraved iron buttons
- Contrast stitching throughout
- 100% Zimbabwe cotton
- Made in Japan
Size Chest Shoulder Sleeve Length 36 38.5" 17.5" 24.25" 26" 38 41" 18.5" 25.25" 26.75" 40 43" 19" 25.75" 27.5" 42 45" 30" 26.5" 28"
- Momotaro is the main denim manufacturing sub-division of the Japan Blue Group, which was born in Japan’s denim mecca of Kojima. As part of the Japan Blue Group, Momotaro has full control over the process behind their products, from conception to production, giving the brand an unparalleled amount of creative freedom. The name Momotaro is born from a famous Japanese folktale, in which a boy born from a giant peach grows up to save his village from marauding demons. The pink selvedge and inseam are an homage to the peach in this story, and the signature battle stripes represent the war flag the boy carried into battle. Thanks to their careful attention to detail, Momotaro has become one of the most celebrated denim brands in the world.