Big John KURO2 Type 3 Denim Jacket
- Brand Info
- The KURO2 from Big John is the brand's original 12oz sanforized black indigo over-dye. The fabric is a replica of the first Japanese denim collection from 1969. Unlike most black denim, the warp yarn on this fabric is dyed in indigo, prior to being sulphur dyed black. This creates an extremely unique aging process that sees the fabric go from black, to indigo, and finally, to white. It also gives the denim a much softer feel than your standard sulphur dye.
- Class Type-3 jacket design
- Made with 12oz Japanese selvedge fabric, featuring red and yellow accents throughout
- Custom engraved Big John hardware
- Selvedge details on cuffs, inside placket, and collar loop
- 6 total pockets (2 chest, 2 hand, 2 interior)
- Vintage style cinch back design for slimmer silhouette
- Genuine leather patch
- 100% cotton
- Made in Japan
Size Chest Shoulder Sleeve Length Small 38.5" 17" 25.75" 25.5" Medium 42" 18" 26.75" 26.5" Large 42.5" 18.75" 27.5" 27" X-Large 45" 19.25" 27.5" 27.5"
For details about how we measure our garments visit the measuring guide.
With over 70 years of experience under their belt, Big John is widely considered one of the foremost pioneers of Japan’s storied denim scene. The brand is recognized for a plethora of denim-related firsts, including the first one-wash jeans, the first Japanese selvedge fabric, and the first to explore using uneven yarns for greater texture. Furthermore, Big John is largely responsible for Japan’s vintage and replica craze of the 1980s, as they were one of the first brands to recreate many of the vintage selvedge fabrics of the early 1900s.
This item is FINAL SALE. No returns or exchanges accepted.