Big John RARE 15.5oz Selvedge Denim Jacket
- Brand Info
- The RARE series from Big John uses the brand's highest quality custom fabric and details, to create a denim that is unparalleled in design and construction. The fabric is a 15.5oz RANSEI fabric out of Japan, which has been cut and sewn by the most experienced craftsmen in the region. The denim is in its original unsanforized state to retain as much character as possible.
- 15.5oz unsanforized RANSEI denim, the highest quality custom fabric Big John has ever produced
- Cold dipped once to remove shrinkage
- Indigo dyed deer leather patch
- Custom engraved steel buttons and rivets
- Partially lined front chest pockets
- Two hand pockets at waist with thick pocket lining for extra reinforcement
- 100% cotton
- Made in Japan
Size Chest Shoulder Sleeve Length Small 36" 16" 24.25" 24.5" Medium 38" 16.75" 24.5" 24.5" Large 40" 17.5" 25.25" 25" X-Large 42" 18" 26" 26"
For details about how we measure our garments visit the measuring guide.
With over 70 years of experience under their belt, Big John is widely considered one of the foremost pioneers of Japan’s storied denim scene. The brand is recognized for a plethora of denim-related firsts, including the first one-wash jeans, the first Japanese selvedge fabric, and the first to explore using uneven yarns for greater texture. Furthermore, Big John is largely responsible for Japan’s vintage and replica craze of the 1980s, as they were one of the first brands to recreate many of the vintage selvedge fabrics of the early 1900s.
This item is FINAL SALE. No returns or exchanges accepted.